Latics look to bounce back on Tuesday night when they face Charlton Athletic at The Valley
- Match Preview: Charlton Athletic v Wigan Athletic.
- Latics take on The Addicks at The Valley
- Paul Cook's side looking to become first Wigan Athletic side to win at Charlton.
CHARLTON ATHLETIC v WIGAN ATHLETIC
SKY BET LEAGUE ONE
TUESDAY 12 SEPTEMBER 2017
KICK OFF 7.45pm
- TICKET NEWS: Tickets available on the day.
- BEAM BACK: Watch the game live at the DW Stadium beam-back
- VIDEO: Paul Cook’s thoughts prior to the game
- FOLLOW IT LIVE: Listen to full match commentary on iFollow
PRE-MATCH BUILD UP
After dropping just two points from the first four matches of the Sky Bet League One campaign, Paul Cook’s side will be looking to get back to winning ways on Tuesday after Saturday’s first defeat of the campaign at Shrewsbury.
The in-form Addicks pose a huge challenge, however, they are on a run of four successive victories, which have taken them into second place in the table, five points ahead of Latics, albeit having played a game more.
Cook said there were no excuses after seeing his team lose at table-topping Shrewsbury, but would be looking for an improvement when the side travel to the capital. “We go into every game looking to win,” he said. "That has always been our mentality and this game is no different.”
Karl Robinson has turned around the fortunes of The Addicks since taking over at The Valley last November and they are real contenders this season. Only defeat at Plymouth has tarnished an otherwise 100% return and, after beating Southend United 2-1 on Saturday, they will be looking for back-to-back home wins…Cook and Latics will be determined not to let that happen.
Karl Robinson – great impact
OUR RECORD AT THE VALLEY
The sides have only been paired together in the league four times, and Latics are still looking for their first win in SE7, with three defeats and just a solitary point from the 0-0 draw in October 2013 to show for our matches there. How dearly Paul Cook would like to create a bit of history on Tuesday.
On our last trip to the Valley, in August 2015, Callum McManaman cancelled out Jordan Cousins’ early strike but Frank Moussa’s deflected injury-time winner broke Latics hearts.
The last time – Injury time agony
Of the current squads, Jason Pearce was of course a Latics player until this time last year, while Nathan Byrne spent the second half of the season at The Valley. Terell Thomas came from Charlton over the summer but had not appeared for the first team after coming through the ranks.
Looking back in time, Connor McAleny, Scott Carson, Marcus Bent, Scott Sinclair, Svetoslav Todorov Matt Jackson, Neil Redfearn, Stuart Balmer and John Pender played for both.
Scott Carson, in both team’s colours
AWAY FAN INFO
- There is parking in the local vicinity but please advise supporters to adhere to traffic management regulations that are in place on a matchday.
- There is no fee to park coaches, contact email@example.com to organise and for directions.
- Contact Disability Liaison Officer firstname.lastname@example.org if relevant.
- The Antigallican public house is located near to the ground and is away supporter friendly.
- There is food available within the ground, card payments accepted.
FOR WIGAN ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS TRAVELLING TO CHARLTON ATHLETIC, PLEASE BE REMINDED IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO USE PYROTECHNIC DEVICES. CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS AND BANNING ORDERS COULD RESULT IF ANYONE BREAKS THE LAW IN THIS WAY. PLEASE RESPECT THE LAW AND THE GOOD NAME OF WIGAN ATHLETIC.