Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News


1 August 2013

Youth Team trialist gives his views on Wednesday's game against FC Copenhagen.

Denmark Diary – Day 10 Wednesday 31st July, 2013

We met in the hotel reception ahead of the game before taking all the equipment on to the coach and getting our seats for the long trip to Copenhagen.

The coach was the Odense Boldklub (OB) first team coach so was quite nice, on it we were given our pre-match meal which included a choice of chicken, beef, potato, pasta, and vegetables, as well as fruit and plenty of fluids.

It took about two hours to get to FC Copenhagen’s school of excellence where we were playing their U19 team.

The pitch was very good and so there were no excuses for not passing the ball well and the preparation for the game was good, with the game starting at a frantic pace.

We played some very posititve football at times and dominated possession for long periods against a team who were older, fitter, stronger, and quicker than us in most areas.

The game was very even with both teams creating chances until the 35th minute when a few individual errors meant we conceded three goals before half-time.

It was disappointing for the team to have conceded three goals after playing so well but we were punished for our mistakes.

The second half was played at a slower pace and again both teams created lots of chances, we had some good opportunities to score but again some mistakes and errors cost us and we conceded two late goals to lose 5-0 (again).

If we can learn to not make these mistakes then the team will definitely compete well and start to win, concentration, decision-making, and receiving skills are the main areas we have to improve on.

It was a really good experience and FC Copenhagen had some very good players, we were physically and mentally strong throughout but simple mistakes were punished by good players.

We are a new team who are still getting to know each other and getting used to working and playing together.

The long journey back to Odense was quiet and we had lots of food to help us re-fuel.

Once we got back to the hotel we all helped to unload the coach before we had a quick team meeting and de-brief, after that we all went to bed for a much needed sleep.

By Theo Chrisokhou (Trialist)

Advertisement block