Get to know our loan signing from Aston Villa.After making his debut for Wigan Athletic last night as a second half substitute, we get to know Marc Albrighton a little bit better.
1. Marc made his professional league debut against Latics for Villa in the opening game of the 2009/10 season as a 68th minute substitute at Villa Park as Latics won 2-0.
2. While breaking into the first team at Aston Villa, Albrighton helped their reserve side to consecutive Premier Reserve League South titles in 2008/09 and 2009/10.
3. Primarily a right winger, the 23-year-old is also comfortable on the left, showing his versatile nature as a player.
4. The 2010/11 season proved to be his most fruitful, as he scored five times in the Premier League and once in the FA Cup. Albrighton scored in both games against Tottenham Hotspur and also netted in a 2-2 draw against Manchester United.
5. In the same season he shared Aston Villa's Young Player of the Year award with fellow academy graduate Ciaran Clark.
6. On 21 December 2011 Albrighton made history by scoring the 20,000th Premier League goal in a home game against Arsenal.
7. His 2012/13 campaign was hampered by injury and in an unfortunate coincidence, Albrighton broke his foot twice.
8. Born in Tamworth, Albrighton is a boyhood Aston Villa supporter.
9. During his breakthrough season's at Villa Park, Albrighton earned two caps for England Under 20s and played eight times for the Under 21s.
10. Albrighton will take up the number 33 shirt for Latics, previously worn by Paul Scharner.