Get to know new Latics loan signing Martyn Waghorn.Following the confirmation of Martyn Waghorn joining Wigan Athletic on loan, get to know the forward a little bit better with our 10 facts.
1. Born in South Shields, Waghorn began his career at Sunderland, making his debut at just 17-years-old, starting in a Boxing Day clash with Manchester United at the Stadium of Light.
2. He made eight appearances in all competitions for the Black Cats, including in games against Liverpool and Chelsea before joining Charlton Athletic on loan in 2008.
3. While on loan with the Addicks, Waghorn scored his first professional goal on 15 December 2008 in a 2-2 draw against Derby County, a game which saw former Latics striker Nathan Ellington score twice.
4. Waghorn's second ever start in first team football came against Latics in January 2008's FA Cup third round at the Stadium of Light, with Latics coming out on top 3-0.
5. His only other appearance against Latics came earlier this season for Millwall, setting up the opening goal of the game at the Den on the same day that Uwe Rosler was announced as Wigan Athletic manager.
6. The 24-year-old made his first team football impact during a loan spell with Leicester City in 2009/10, scoring 12 league goals in total in 27 starts.
7. Martyn's goals directly earned the Foxes 11 points that season, including scoring the only goal in three 1-0 victories.
8. During the 2009/10 season Waghorn scored his first professional brace in Leicester's 4-0 victory over Queens Park Rangers on 5 April.
9. His switch to Latics on loan becomes his third transfer deadline day move, having joined Leicester permanently on 31 August 2010 and Hull City on loan on 31 August 2011.
10. Waghorn is a former England Under 19 and Under 21 international, he scored on his Under 21 debut against Azerbaijan and added a second a game later against Israel.