Head of Performance Analysis vacancy at Wigan Athletic.Closing date: Monday 20 October 2014
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wigan Athletic Football Club for a Head of Performance Analysis based at our Christopher Park Training Complex.
The nature of the role demands a high level of flexibility outside normal working hours along with total confidentiality that is expected within a commercially sensitive environment.
Reporting to the First Team Manager, the successful candidate will lead a team of analysts providing analysis services throughout the football club.
On a day to day basis the Head of Performance Analysis will liaise with the First Team Manager and coaching staff to assess performance of both the opposition and Wigan Athletic. As a key member of the first team staff you will be required to attend all home and away fixtures including overnight stays. There will also be a requirement to develop analysis further within all aspects of the club.
The successful candidates will ideally possess the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an analysis position within a professional football environment.
- A sound understanding of the tactical aspects of football.
- Experience within player recruitment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills, including delivering to large groups.
- Ability to take large data sets and summarise concisely.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines along with a reactive approach to the continually evolving nature of professional football.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A good understanding of the processes involved regarding analysis within the EPPP.
In return we offer the opportunity to be heavily involved in the scouting and coaching process and have a personal impact on player development and matchday preparations at an elite football club.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you feel this position is of interest to you and you would like to be considered, to apply send your CV along with covering letter and salary details to Kim Healey, HR Manager/Head of Safeguarding, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or alternatively email email@example.com
Wigan Athletic Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.