About the Community Trust
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is a registered charity that employs over 40 members of staff who work with over 8,000 people each year.
Working across four areas: Football and Sport, Community Cohesion, Education and Health, the Community Trust team is based at the Montrose Skills Hub on Montrose Avenue, opposite the DW Stadium.
The facility has a range of classrooms and an indoor sports hall that the Community Trust is able to use for its sporting and educational projects.
In organising its community projects the Community Trust aims to:
- Increase opportunities for young people and families to be involved with Wigan Athletic – from playing and coaching, to watching and supporting.
- Raise the aspirations of young people through football and education.
- Provide meaningful sports opportunities for young people to enhance their communities.
- Improve the health and well-being of the Wigan Community through football activities.
- Be a sustainable and well-managed forward thinking organisation.
The work of the Community Trust team is supported by members of the first team squad, who have made over 100 appearances at community events during the 2015/16 season.
Find out more about the Community Trust's work in the 2016 Impact Report.
For charitable information about the Community Trust [click here].
ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Wigan Athletic Community Trust
Montrose Skills Hub
Phone: 01942 488530