A closer look at Latics' new forward.
- Jordy Hiwula joins on loan from Huddersfield Town.
- Forward is a product of Manchester City's Academy.
- Learn more about the England Under 19 international below.
1. Born 21 September 1994 in Manchester, Hiwula joined Manchester City as a 12-year-old.
2. Hiwula progressed through the youth ranks at Man City, gaining a reputation as a free-scoring striker, with 19 goals for City's Under 21s in the 2013-14 season.
3. He made his professional debut on 4 October 2014 whilst on loan in League One with Yeovil Town, where he came up against then MK Dons forward Will Grigg.
4. Whilst with Yeovil, Hiwula scored his first professional goal on 8 November 2014, the winning strike in a 1-0 victory over Crawley Town in the FA Cup. He went on to make a total of nine appearances.
5. In February 2015, Hiwula joined Walsall on loan, scoring on his debut in a 2-0 away win at Doncaster Rovers. During his loan spell he played alongside now Latics goalkeeper Richard O'Donnell.
6. Hiwula scored nine goals in 17 starts for the Saddlers, including a winning goal away at his former loan club Yeovil in March 2015.
7. In the final five games of the 2014-15 season, Hiwula scored five times, including two braces against Crawley and League One Champions Bristol City.
8. Hiwula signed for Huddersfield Town on a three-year-deal this summer.
9. The forward made his first appearance for the Terriers on 11 August 2015 as a 65th minute substitute in the Capital One Cup against Notts County.
10. Hiwula has represented England Under 18s twice and Under 19s twice, scoring on his U19 debut in a 3-0 victory over Estonia.