“Things beginning to click,” says Grigg after notching first Latics goal.
- Will Grigg gives his post-Bury reaction.
- Striker off the mark for Latics with second half penalty.
- “Positives can be drawn from the disappointment.” – Will Grigg.
Grigg stepped up to convert from the penalty spot just one minute into the second half at the DW Stadium, and says it’s good to get off the mark early despite being left frustrated with the loss.
“It was a disappointing end. It was a weird game because the first half was fairly even and we created the better of the chances.
“We got in some really good positions and carried on improving in the second half. It was a great run from ‘Crackers’ (Michael Jacobs) and then quite a simple penalty for me to put us ahead.
“It’s nice to score my first goal early on; it’s one of those things no striker wants to drag on and hopefully that’s something I can build from.”
Will Grigg scoring from the spot against Bury.
On Latics' overall performance, Grigg continued:
“For the 15 minutes after our goal we dominated the game, but when we conceded the equaliser we allowed Bury too much confidence and unfortunately we conceded a late penalty ourselves.
“It’s obviously not the result we want and it’s really disappointing, but there are a lot of positives we can take from the game. We just need that final pass and final finish to fall into place, but I’m sure when it does we’ll be a very good team.
“Things seem to be clicking more and more between the group and we played some really good stuff in spells.”
WATCH MORE FROM WILL GRIGG’S INTERVIEW BELOW
- NEXT UP: Our first home league game of the season is this Sunday!
- TICKETS: For more ticket news including home and away fixtures.
- REACTION: More from Bury as Gary Caldwell shares his thoughts.