Learn more about loan signing Harry Maguire.
- Harry Maguire joins Latics on short term loan deal.
- Highly rated Hull City defender is ninth signing for Malky Mackay.
- Find out more about the England U21 international below.
1. Born 5 March 1993 in Sheffield, the 6 foot 4 inch centre half came through the youth ranks at Sheffield United, making his debut as an 18-year-old substitute against Cardiff City on 12 April 2011.
2. Maguire scored his first professional goal on the opening day of the 2011/12 season during a 2-0 away win at Oldham Athletic.
3. The centre back went on to make 56 appearances in all competition in 2011/12, including three in the League One Play Offs, in which Sheffield United didn't concede a single goal.
4. Maguire was involved in 15 clean sheets during the Blades' successful 11/12 campaign.
5. His performances earned the club's Player of the Season and Young Player of the Season awards. Maguire went on to win Player of the Season at Bramall Lane in 2012/13 and 2013/14. He was also included in the PFA League One Team of the Year three seasons running.
6. By 26 February 2013, Maguire had made his 100th start in all competitions for Sheffield United, with the 100th coming in a 0-0 draw against Leyton Orient.
7. During the 2012/13 season, Maguire made a total of 53 appearances in all competitions, scoring five goals and helping his side to 21 clean sheets.
8. Another 52 appearances in the 2013/14 season followed, with Maguire scoring six goals. The defender was a crucial part of Sheffield United's FA Cup run, which saw them reach the semi-finals at Wembley against his current club Hull City.
9. Maguire signed for Hull in July 2014, but has since only made six appearances for the first team following his debut on 21 August in a Europa League qualifier away to Belgian side Lokeren.
10. The defender made his England Under 21 debut as a substitute in a 2-0 victory against Northern Ireland in November 2012.