A closer look at loan signing Sheyi Ojo with our 10 facts.
- Sheyi Ojo joins Latics on loan from Liverpool.
- 17-year-old winger is fifth signing for Malky Mackay.
- Learn more about Ojo below.
2. Joined Liverpool as a 14-year-old in 2011 from MK Dons.
3. Ojo has represented England at Under 17 level, making 11 appearances. He made his debut on 29 August 2012 against Italy, and scored his first goal in an 8-0 away win against Gibraltar.
4. An England Under 18s debut was handed to the winger on 3 September 2014 and he has so far made three appearances, including scoring twice in a 4-1 friendly victory against Poland, a game in which Latics Under 18s midfielder Adrian Purzycki featured.
5. Ojo has played for both Liverpool’s Under 18s and Under 21s, making his U21s debut on 1 April 2014 away at Fulham.
6. This season Ojo has played across both of Liverpool’s Academy teams, making six appearances in the U21 Premier League, scoring two goals in a 4-0 away win against West Ham United.
7. The 17-year-old signed his first professional contract at the Anfield club in July 2014.
8. Ojo has been a regular in Liverpool’s UEFA Youth League campaign this season, featuring five times and scoring twice against Ludogorets in a 3-0 win in Bulgaria.
9. Yet to make his professional debut, Ojo has been involved in two Premier League squads for Liverpool, as an unused substitute against Burnley and Leicester City on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
10. Ojo becomes the first player to move from Liverpool to Latics since Chris Kirkland in 2006.