Learn more about defender Jason Pearce with our fact file.
- Jason Pearce joins Latics from Leeds United.
- Defender becomes first permanent signing of the January Transfer Window.
- 27-year-old has made over 350 career appearances.
2. During his first spell at Fratton Park, Pearce had spells on loan with Bognor Regis and Woking. He scored on his debut for the latter on 6 January 2007 against Dagenham and Redbridge.
3. The 27-year-old has a total of 12 career goals, scoring his first in the Football League whilst at Bournemouth on 16 February 2008 against Southend United.
4. Pearce signed for AFC Bournemouth in 2007, making his debut for the Cherries on 11 August against Nottingham Forest, coming up against now Latics players James Perch and Grant Holt.
5. Pearce helped Bournemouth to promotion from League Two in 2009/10, with the second best defence in the division after Champions Notts County.
6. The defender re-signed for his first club Portsmouth in 2011, making his debut in a 1-0 victory against Reading on 16 August. Pearce played 44 of the 46 Championship games in the 2011/12 campaign.
7. Due to Portsmouth’s difficult financial position, Pearce joined Leeds United in May 2012, making a total 113 appearances for the Elland Road club before arriving at the DW Stadium. Of those 113 games, two were against Latics last season.
8. During his career, Pearce has captained Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Leeds.
9. He has proved to be a fan favourite at his former clubs, winning the 2010/11 Player of the Year award at Bournemouth, the 2011/12 Player of the Year at Portsmouth and was runner up in Leeds’ 2013/14 Player of the Year.
10. Pearce has played 23 times for Leeds this season, taking his career appearances tally over the 350 mark.