Get to know more about new striker Will Grigg.
- Will Grigg fact file.
- Striker joins Latics from Brentford.
- 20 goals in League One last season with MK Dons.
1. Born 3 July 1991 in Solihull, Will Grigg shares his birthday with former Latics players Oriol Riera (1986) and Michael Clegg (1977).
2. Grigg progressed through Academy teams at Birmingham City from the age of 7, but broke into professional football 24 miles away in Walsall after signing for the Saddlers in the summer of 2008.
3. The striker made his professional debut as a late substitute in a 0-0 draw away to Cheltenham Town on 20 December 2008, but had to wait almost two years for his first start, an FA Cup tie against Torquay United on 27 November 2010.
4. In just his fourth start for Walsall, Grigg scored his first professional goal in a 2-2 draw against Bristol Rovers on 27 November 2010.
5. Grigg scored eight goals across 2010/11 and 2011/12, before a stand out season in 2012/13 saw him score 20 in 41 games, including his first career hat-trick against Carlisle United in February 2013.
6. Ahead of the 2013/14 season Grigg signed for Brentford, scoring his first two goals in just his second match for the Bees in a 3-1 win against Sheffield United.
7. For further first team football away from Griffin Park, Grigg joined MK Dons in 2014/15, scoring 20 goals in just 31 starts, helping his side to promotion into the Sky Bet Championship.
8. Grigg's goal scoring prowess comes with its own celebration dubbed 'The Griggle'.
9. The striker scored twice in MK Dons' famous 4-0 victory against Manchester United in last season's Capital One Cup clash at Stadium MK.
10. Grigg has seven caps for Northern Ireland, making his debut in June 2012 against Netherlands. He is also capped for the Under 19s and Under 21s.
- SIGNING: Will Grigg unveiled as new Latics signing.
- WATCH: See Will's interview with our Latics PlayerHD freeview.
- READ: More from Will Grigg as he outlines his ambitions.