Spanish training camp finishes with another victory in practice match against Hibs.
- Latics win 2-1 against Hibs in La Manga.
- Two wins from two games in Spanish pre-season camp.
- Martyn Waghorn scores twice after Fraser Fyvie opener.
A brace from Martyn Waghorn, the second coming in the 89th minute, earned Latics the win after Fraser Fyvie had opened the scoring against his former club.
Latics created the opening opportunity in the first half when Sanmi Odelusi forced Hibs keeper Mark Oxley into a smart save, only for Fyvie to strike moments later.
Second half substitute Waghorn scored his first on the 70th minute mark when he clinically despatched Tim Chow's pull-back from just inside the area into the roof of the net.
The winner came from a corner as Waghorn swept home Billy Mckay's knockdown, latching onto a loose ball inside the six yard box with just 90 seconds left on the clock.
Latics manager Gary Caldwell declared himself to be satisfied with the week’s work in la Manga:
“The players have been terrific, they’ve shown a real good attitude. This game was played in pretty hot temperatures and was a step up in intensity from the other night.”
Latics will end their camp in La Manga with a light recovery session before a cycling session ahead of their return.
Tuesday will see Caldwell’s side travel to Altrincham for the first pre-season friendly in the UK, with Southport away the following Saturday.
Starting XI: Nicholls, Perch Morgan, Daniels, Pearce, Taylor, Tavernier, Power, Flores, Odelusi, Trialist.
Subs Used: Barnett, Chow, Perkins, McCann, Mckay, Jennings, Taylor-Sinclair, Waghorn
- PRE-SEASON: Tickets details for Altrincham (Tuesday 14) and Southport (Saturday 18).
- FIXTURES: See the rest of Latics' pre-season schedule.
- LOYALTY PROMISE: Buy your 2015-16 season card and get 2016-17 for a maximum of £199!