Wigan Athletic players show support for Military charity, Tickets For Troops.
- Wigan Athletic players show support for Armed Forces Servicemen and women.
- Club supporting Tickets For Troops charity throughout 2015-16 season.
- Follows the signing of Armed Forces Covenant.
Wigan Athletic players showed their support for military charity Tickets For Troops earlier today.
Tickets For Troops recognises the drive, dedication and commitment of servicemen and women by offering them, on behalf of their donors, tickets to events that they can share with their loved ones, as a small acknowledgement of the work they do.
Latics manager Gary Caldwell said: “Myself, the players and staff here at Wigan Athletic are delighted to show our support for the Tickets For Troops charity.
“We hope that the servicemen and women who come to a Latics game this season enjoy the experience.”
This comes following the announcement that Latics had signed the Armed Forces Covenant, supporting veterans in watching and getting involved with football.
Wigan Athletic joined Wigan Council in signing the Covenant last month and the provision of Tickets For Troops comes alongside fundraising opportunities and a football project for Armed Forces Veterans.
73 football clubs across the UK showed support for the brave servicemen and women through the Tickets For Troops charity last season, including Wigan Athletic.
For more information about Tickets For Troops, please visit www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk.
- ARMED FORCES COVENANT: Wigan Athletic and Wigan Council sign Armed Forces Covenant
- NEW PROJECT: Football project for Armed Forces Veterans
- COMMUNITY NEWS: Catch up with all the latest news from Wigan Athletic Community Trust