Find out a little bit more about new Latics defender Craig Morgan.
- Craig Morgan set to join Latics on 1 July 2015.
- Welsh international with over 350 Football League appearances.
- Won back-to-back promotions with two clubs.
2. Morgan began his career with Wrexham, making his debut as a 16-year-old on 6 April 2002 as a late substitute in a 5-0 victory against Cambridge United.
Morgan applauds supporters during time with Wrexham.
3. The defender scored his first professional goal six months later in another meeting with Cambridge, coming on as an 80th minute substitute, before grabbing a 90th minute equaliser in a 2-2 draw.
4. After 64 appearances in all competitions for Wrexham, including winning the Football League Trophy in 2005, Morgan moved to MK Dons in July 2005 where he made 47 appearances in all competitions in his debut season.
5. Morgan made his international debut for Wales at the start of the 2006-07 season, but had mixed fortunes at club level, making just four appearances for MK Dons, before a short loan spell with his former club Wrexham. The defender then spent a month on loan at Peterborough United, before making the move permanent in January 2007.
Morgan in action for Peterborough.
6. He went on to make 144 appearances in total for Peterborough, scoring four goals and winning back-to-back promotions with the Posh as runners-up in League Two (2007-08) and runners-up in League One (2008-09).
7. After a season in the Championship with Peterborough, Morgan joined Preston North End, playing 50 times before a move to then League Two side Rotherham United at the start of the 2012-13 campaign.
Morgan celebrates promotion to the Championship with Rotherham.
8. For the second time in his career, Morgan won back-to-back promotions, helping to take the Millers from League Two all the way to the Championship, including captaining the League One play-off winning side in the 2013-14 season.
9. Faced Latics for the first time on 20 December 2014 as Rotherham beat Latics 2-1 at the DW Stadium.
10. Morgan has been capped 23 times for Wales, playing in the same sides as former Latics players Jason Koumas and David Cotterill. The defender was also capped at Under 17, Under 19 and Under 21 levels.
Morgan in action for Wales against Liechtenstein.