Wigan Athletic seeks a new official charity partner for the 2015-16 season
- Club seeks a new charity to work with for the 2015-16.
- New initiative to find third official charity.
- Wigan Youth Zone and Wigan Athletic Community Trust remain as the club’s official charity partners.
With the kick off to a new season fast approaching, Wigan Athletic is looking for a new charity partner to support during the 2015/16 season.
The last few seasons have seen Wigan Athletic work with a number of prominent Wigan charities and the club now wants to find a new local cause to back.
The two current official charities are Wigan Youth Zone and Wigan Athletic Community Trust and we are now seeking a third organisation to support over the next 12 months. Moving forwards the club will look to adopt a new charity partner each season.
Among the benefits the charity can expect to receive from Wigan Athletic are:
- Launch of partnership with manager and players at the training ground and match day presentation at a Wigan Athletic home game.
- Exclusive photo opportunities on request with Wigan Athletic players at the training ground.
- Players and staff to wear branded wristbands.A designated home match for the charity to raise funds and the profile of its work, including the possibility of players warming up in branded t-shirts.
- Features in the match day programme and on the club’s website, with a permanent link from club website to the charity to promote its work.
- The chosen charity’s fundraising initiatives to be promoted by the club’s official social media outlets.
- Five signed items of club merchandise for fundraising purposes.
- Player appearance at promotional activities and events (subject to availability and club’s convenience).
- Access to the DW Stadium conference for one fundraising event/activity (event to be organised by the charity and subject to room availability).
- Two bucket collections before a Wigan Athletic home game during the season (including one at the designated match).
- A share in the proceeds from the club’s allocation from FA Community Shield funding.
To apply to become the Charity of the season all you need to do is answer the following three simple questions from this document:
1) What is the aim of your charity? (maximum of 150 words)
2) What impact would the support of Wigan Athletic have on your charity and the Wigan community? (maximum of 300 words)
3) What would you do with the support of Wigan Athletic to raise the profile and funds for your charity? (Maximum of 200 words).
All applications should be made by an authorised representative of the charity and include full contact details, including charity registration number and should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday July 31st 2015.
Preference will be given to charities that are designed to benefit the people of Wigan and its surrounding areas.
Throughout the season Wigan Athletic will continue to consider other specific smaller charitable requests made in writing to email@example.com on individual merit.