Learn more about on new addition, Alex Revell.
- Alex Revell signs on loan from Cardiff City.
- Striker joins Latics until 23 January 2016.
- Find out more about Revell with our 10 facts.
1. Born 7 July 1983 in Cambridge, Alex Revell progressed through the youth ranks at Cambridge United, before making his professional debut as a 75th minute substitute in a 2-0 away win at Northampton Town on Friday 13 April 2001. He went on to score five goals in 19 league starts or the club until he left in 2004.
2. Revell scored his first professional goal against AFC Bournemouth on 1 September 2001 after just four minutes. He also went on to score his first career hat-trick against the Cherries for Brighton & Hove Albion on 1 January 2008.
Alex Revell in action for Cambridge United.
3. After a brief loan spells with Kettering in 2003, Revell left Cambridge and signed for non-league Braintree in 2004, where he scored 39 goals in 65 matches, helping his side to secure promotion to the Conference South.
4. Such was Revell's success at Braintree, he returned to league football with Brighton in the 2006-07 season, scoring on his debut in a 1-0 away victory over future club Rotherham United on 5 August 2006. He went on to score 11 goals in his first season.
5. Revell joined Southend United for the 2008-09 season, before short spells with Swindon Town (loan) and Wycombe Wanderers, before joining Leyton Orient in May 2010.
Revell celebrates for Leyton Orient.
6. The striker scored 12 goals in League One in the 2010-11 season and 16 in all competitions, including one on his debut against Yeovil Town on 7 August 2010.
7. Revell joined Rotherham in the 2011-12 season, scoring 10 goals in the league, including two on his debut against former loan club Swindon on 3 September 2011. He went on to score six the following season as the Millers won promotion to League One.
8. It was back-to-back promotions for Revell and Rotherham, with the striker on target 13 times, including two goals in the League One Play-Off final against his former club Leyton Orient. The Millers won the final 4-3 on penalties, however Revell had already been replaced by current Latics loanee Haris Vuckic.
Revell celebrating in the Play-Off final, with Craig Morgan, James Tavernier and Richard Brindley.
9. After four goals in the Championship at the start of 2014-15, including a winning goal at the DW Stadium against Latics in December 2014, Revell joined Cardiff City, where he scored on his first start away to Norwich City on 17 January 2015.
10. Revell was named as the winner of Cardiff's Goal of the Season for 2014-15 for his deft chip against Brentford in the Championship.