Midfielder continues youth international career.
- Purzycki plays 90 minutes in both friendlies for Under 19s.
- Young Poland side draw 2-2 and taste narrow 1-0 defeat to Slovenia.
- Midfielder represents country for 11th and 12th time.
Adrian Purzycki continued his impressive youth international career early this week, featuring for 90 minutes in both of Poland's Under 19 friendlies against Slovenia, with his side drawing 2-2 in Lomza, before a narrow 1-0 defeat in Zambrow.
The midfielder spoke about the performances and results ahead of the UEFA U19 Championship qualifiers in Cyprus next month, saying:
"We played really well in the first game and should be looking back on a victory, but we conceded in the last minute and are instead a little disappointed. The performance was good though against a physically strong Slovenia team, and it set up the second game nicely.
"Narrowly losing the second one was difficult to take because we created plenty of chances and even had a penalty, but again we were unfortunate. We needed a big test before the qualifiers next month and Slovenia definitely gave us that, their physicality showed in their style of play and it was a good battle for us."
Purzycki is hoping to be involved when Poland travel to Cyprus in November to face their hosts, along with Bulgaria and Luxembourg in the qualifying round for the UEFA U19 Championship finals in Germany next year.
- DEV SQUAD: Find out more about our young professionals.
- FIXTURES AND RESULTS: See the full Development Squad schedule.
- NEWS: The latest from the Academy.