Wigan Athletic and Tranmere Rovers agree fee for Max Power transfer.
- Max Power fee agreed with Tranmere Rovers.
- 22-year-old’s transfer no longer to be decided by tribunal.
- “Max has got fantastic potential ” – Gary Caldwell.
It was originally thought that the clubs would not reach an agreement but negotiations have now been concluded.
The 22-year-old joined the club in July and has appeared 11 times in all competitions so far this season, scoring once with his superb long range effort at Oldham Athletic in the league.
Gary Caldwell was quick to praise his contribution so far:
“We knew Max’s potential, that’s why we signed him and it’s been great the way that he has integrated within the squad, looks to improve on a daily basis and most importantly, shows the kind of consistency that he is doing, in whatever role he is being asked to play.
“For everyone’s sake, it is excellent news that everything has been agreed now, we can draw a line under it all and move on.”
Power came through the ranks at Prenton Park and made over 100 league appearances for Rovers, having made his debut at the age of 18.
- PROFILE: Find out more about Max Power.
- GOAL: Max Power's first for the club, a superb strike against Oldham.