Learn more about Latics' deadline day signing Adam Le Fondre.
- Adam Le Fondre joins Latics on transfer deadline day.
- Striker on loan from Cardiff City to the DW Stadium.
- Learn more about Le Fondre's career so far.
1. Adam Le Fondre was born on 2 December 1986 and began his career at hometown club Stockport County, making his debut on 28 September 2004 as he and Latics legend Stuart Barlow both came off the bench to score in a 3-1 EFL Trophy extra time victory at home to Bury.
2. Le Fondre featured 22 times in his first season, scoring five goals, before adding eight goals in 26 games the following season in 2005/06.
3. The striker scored 11 in 32 appearances in 2006/07, four of which came in a 5-2 victory against Wrexham, with four of the others coming during a loan spell at Rochdale. He netted twice on his Dale debut in a 5-0 win against MK Dons, playing alongside Latics' 2015/16 treble award winning midfielder David Perkins.
4. Le Fondre joined Rochdale permanently for 2007/08, featuring in every game up to and including the play-off final, which saw them beaten 3-2 by his former club Stockport. The striker scored 17 in 53 appearances in all competitions.
5. A tally of 21 goals in 51 games followed in 2008/09, before joining Rotherham United after one game for Rochdale in the 2009/10 season.
6. Le Fondre made an incredible start to life with the Millers, netting 10 times in his first 12 matches, playing in the same squad as Latics' record league goal scorer Andy Liddell. Le Fondre scored a total of 30 goals in 52 games, but suffered play-off final heartbreak again 3-2 against Dagenham & Redbridge.
7. Another excellent goal scoring season followed in 2010/11 with 24 goals in 49 games, including four in one match, a 6-4 victory over Cheltenham Town, featuring alongside former Latics player Paul Warne and Centre of Excellence graduate Luke Ashworth.
8. After four goals in five games at the start of the 2011/12 season, Le Fondre made his first move to the Championship to join Reading. He scored 39 goals in 53 starts for the Royals before joining Cardiff City in 2014.
9. Le Fondre enjoyed a fruitful loan move to Bolton Wanderers in the second half of the 2014/15 season, scoring eight goals in 16 starts whilst playing in the same team as Emile Heskey, Kevin McNaughton, Craig Davies and Adam Bogdan.
10. The striker is looking for a fresh start at Latics after scoring three times in 10 starts on loan at Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2015/16. He featured alongside former Latics player Nouha Dicko, Grant Holt and Sheyi Ojo at Molineux.