Find out more about Latics' Everton loanee.
- Luke Garbutt on loan at Wigan Athletic from Everton.
- Defender draws experience from three loan spells in EFL.
- 23-year-old has 11 caps for England Under 21s.
1. Born 21 May 1993 in Harrogate, Luke Garbutt came through the Academy at Leeds United, before signing for Everton in 2009, aged 16.
2. The defender made his professional debut in October 2011 as an 18-year-old while on loan at Cheltenham Town, featuring in their 3-1 away victory over Wycombe Wanderers in the EFL Trophy.
3. Garbutt made 37 appearances in all competitions for the League Two side, as the Robins finished sixth, qualifying for the play-offs, but losing out 2-0 at Wembley Stadium in the final to Crewe Alexandra as Nick Powell scored the opening goal.
Garbutt in action for Cheltenham Town.
4. He scored his first professional goal in January 2012 during his loan spell at Cheltenham, netting in a 3-1 away win at Macclesfield Town.
5. Garbutt made his Everton debut in August 2012 as a half time substitute to replace Latics' youth product Leighton Baines in a 5-0 victory over Leyton Orient in the League Cup at Goodison Park.
6. In 2013/14 he scored three goals in 20 appearances on loan at Colchester United, before returning to Everton in January 2014.
7. The defender made his first ever Premier League appearance in April 2014 when he once again replaced Baines, this time joining former Latics players Antolin Alcaraz and James McCarthy on the pitch in Everton's 2-0 away defeat to Southampton.
8. In 2014/15 Garbutt made 10 appearances for Everton, five in the Europa League, four in the Premier League and one in the League Cup.
Garbutt in Europa League action against Wolfsburg.
9. He's been capped for England at every youth level from Under 16s to Under 21s, with 11 caps for the 21s, including three in the UEFA European Championship at the end of the 2014/15 season against Portugal, Sweden and Italy.
10. In 2015/16 Garbutt featured 26 times on loan at Fulham, scoring once, the opening goal in a 2-2 draw away at Bolton Wanderers. The Cottagers finished 20th in the Championship with Garbutt helping them to steer well clear of relegation alongside current Latics defender Dan Burn.