Get to know deadline day signing Nathan Byrne.
- Nathan Byrne joins Latics from Wolves on transfer deadline day.
- 24-year-old began career at Tottenham Hotspur.
- Wing back has also featured for Brentford, Crawley Town and Swindon Town.
1. Nathan Byrne was born on 5 June 1992, and went on to sign his first professional at Tottenham Hotspur in 2010.
2. Byrne made his league debut on 26 February 2011 on loan at Brentford in League One. He made a total of 11 appearances for the Bees.
3. 2011/12 saw Byrne given another chance to impress out on loan, but after 12 appearances for AFC Bournemouth an injury saw him return to White Hart Lane.
4. Crawley Town acquired Byrne's services on loan for the 2012/13 campaign, with the wing back scoring his first professional goal on his league debut in a 2-0 win at Carlisle United.
5. Byrne joined Swindon Town on loan in March 2013, featuring nine times, including in both legs of the play-off semi-finals against his former club Brentford. He was unfortunately sent off in extra time of the second leg as the Robins lost on penalties.
6. The County Ground became Byrne's permanent home at the start of the 2013/14 season where he scored four times in 43 appearances.
7. Byrne scored another four goals for Swindon in the 2014/15 season, including a last minute winner in the play-off semi-final first leg victory away at Sheffield United. His goal in the 2-1 win proved crucial in sending Swindon into the final, after a 5-5 draw was played out in the home leg.
8. He scored his first career hat-trick before leaving the club on the summer transfer deadline day in 2015. Byrne netted his treble in a 4-1 home win against Bradford City before joining Wolves.
9. Byrne scored twice in 10 starts for Wolves and went on to make 24 Championship appearances in total.
10. He played alongside fellow deadline day signing Adam Le Fondre at Molineux, as well as former Latics players Grant Holt and Sheyi Ojo. Former striker Nouha Dicko was injured during Byrne's time with Wolves.