A look back at the last 12 months of football at Wigan Youth Zone.
As Wigan Youth Zone celebrates its 3rd birthday this Sunday 7th August at their Carnival Chaos open day, we’re taking a look at some of the programmes that Wigan Athletic Community Trust run at the Youth Zone and their work there over the last twelve months.
The Trust’s football programme at Wigan Youth Zone provides evening, weekend and school holiday football coaching throughout the year for all members of the Youth Zone, and last year over 500 youngsters got involved!
In the last year:
- 5-a-side leagues ran from September 2015 – May 2016 for Under 12s, 14s and 16s.
- Brand new Wigan Youth Zone Under 14s and Girls football teams were created.
- Wigan Youth Zone’s Under 8 team were Team of the Week for Wigan Athletic’s home game against
- 14 teams took part in a winter Wigan district 10-week mini league.
- 24 teams took part in the Friendship Cup from Under 9 to Under 12 level.
- Inter-Youth-Zone leagues ran on a Friday night between Wigan, Carlisle, Bolton, Blackburn and Factory of Manchester Youth Zones.
- 6 weeks of holiday football camps were provided.
To find out more about the Community Trust’s football programme at Wigan Youth Zone, please contact Dave Philps on 01942 488 530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org