Job opportunity for a 1st Team Opposition Performance Analyst.
- 1st Team Opposition Performance Analyst vacancy at Wigan Athletic.
- Deadline Sunday 28th August 2016.
- Reporting to Head of Performance Analysis and First Team Manager.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Wigan Athletic Football Club for a 1st Team Opposition Performance Analyst based at our Euxton Training Facility.
Reporting to the Head of Performance Analysis and First Team Manager, the successful candidate will lead the oppositional analysis for the first team in all competitions.
On a day to day basis the 1st Team Opposition Performance Analysis will liaise with the Head of Analysis, First Team Manager and Coaching Staff to assess performance of the forth coming opposition in all competitions. As a key member of the pre match analysis you will be required to attend live games to provide immediate reports and analysis of the opposition.
The successful candidates will ideally possess the following:
- Substantial experience in an analysis position within a professional football environment and previous successful experience within a 1st team environment.
- A sound understanding of the tactical aspects of football.
- A proven track record of high quality oppositional analysis at 1st team level.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to take large data sets and summarise concisely.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines along with a reactive approach to the continually evolving nature of professional football.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to the management of their own work.
- Working knowledge of video analysis / editing software; SportsCode, ProZone, Scout7 / isf, Sony Vegas
- Possess a Full Driving Licence.
The nature of the role demands a high level of flexibility outside normal working hours along with total confidentiality that is expected within a commercially sensitive environment.
In return we offer the opportunity to be heavily involved in the performance analysis and tactical preparations for forthcoming matches at an elite football club.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Sunday 28th August 2016
To apply for this position please complete the online application form available by [clicking here] and return via post or email to:
Louise Kerrigan, HR Manager, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ
Email: FAO Louise Kerrigan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please detail on your application how you meet the criteria for the role and provide details of your salary.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.