Job opportunity for a Community Media Officer.
- Community Media Officer vacancy at Wigan Athletic Community Trust.
- Deadlines for applications is 5.00pm on Friday 26 August 2016.
- Reporting to Head of Community/Head of Media.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking for a Community Media Officer to promote the work of the Trust using written, social media and exclusive video content and to provide filming and video editing for Wigan Athletic's media department.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Community to publicise the work of the Community Trust and the Football Club’s support for other good causes using the club’s official media platforms and external media.
- Attend Community Trust events to generate content; written, social media and audio/visual as appropriate.
- Maintain and enhance the Wigan Athletic Community Trust social media presence, in conjunction with the club’s official social media platforms.
- Film and upload video footage for use within the club’s digital platforms.
- Provide content on Community Trust activities for use in the match day magazine.
- Assist the Head of Community in the production of an annual impact report for the Community Trust and when required other written reports including award submissions.
- Keep an accurate record of media coverage achieved by the Community Trust and compile a quarterly report on this coverage to the charities Board of Trustees.
- Promote the work of the Team Latics junior supporter’s programme, using the club’s official media platforms.
- Actively develop relationships with all Wigan Athletic Community Trust stakeholders and partners media departments, including Premier League, the PFA, the EFL Trust and Wigan Council.
- Pro-actively develop relationships with local newspaper groups and media outlets.
- Assist the Wigan Athletic Media Department in filming, editing and uploading video footage to the club’s official digital media platforms – sometimes out of hours.
- Attend all official Wigan Athletic press conferences as required.
- Compile video packages as requested by the Wigan Athletic Head of Media.
For further details of the role and the person specification please view the job description by [clicking here].
To apply for this position please complete the application form by [clicking here] and return via post or email to:
Jane Birch, Human Resources, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan WN5 0UZ
The salary for the role is £16,000.
Due to the requirements of this role the successful applicant will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced DBS with barred list information (DBS).