Employment opportunity at Wigan Athletic Football Club’s academy.
- Part time academy coach vacancy at Wigan Athletic’s academy.
- Work with the youth development phase, ages 12-13.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 30 December, 5pm.
- Download an application form here.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a part time Academy Coach to work for the Youth Development Phase with ages 12-13. Required to work over three evenings a week plus Sunday morning games, with some degree of flexibility to suit the needs of the role.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Delivering of age specific Youth Development syllabus to players in their charge.
- Completing online and electronic reviewing and assessments of players and sessions.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Youth Development Lead Coach.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent coaching.
- Attend CPD events and Academy meetings as required.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- UEFA B Licence (essential).
- Proven coaching experience within an elite framework.
- An ability to differentiate tasks based on ability and key stages of player/child development.
- An approachable manner towards young people and the ability to work effectively with players within the phases.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
Desirable Qualities and Qualifications:
- Hold a current FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) certificate.
- FA Youth Award (mod 3).
Due to this post being in regulated activity, the potential employee will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
Wigan Athletic is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form or download an application form here.
For a full job description, click here.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 30th December 2016.