Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a Safeguarding Officer (part time).
- Vacancy for part-time safeguarding officer at Wigan Athletic.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 8th January 2017.
- Download job description here.
- Download application form here.
The role is based at the DW Stadium and reports to the Head of HR and Safeguarding. The successful candidate will play a key role in continuing to embed best practice safeguarding in all our activities.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Undertaking Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks for all staff and volunteers (as appropriate) and ensure the single central record is accurate and maintained.
- Ensuring the organisation has in place appropriate policies and procedures for identifying, responding to and reporting safeguarding concerns.
- Working with the Head of Safeguarding and designated safeguarding officers to deliver the Safeguarding Action Plan.
- Reporting and referring child protection and/or poor practice complaints in line with policy guidance advised by The English Football League and The Football Association.
- Creating and reviewing safeguarding risk assessments and supporting staff to develop and embed bespoke risk assessments across all activities.
- Providing expert safeguarding advice, guidance and training to employees.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:
- A relevant professional qualification in safeguarding, welfare or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience of safeguarding case management, referrals and escalation process involving external agencies.
- Proven track record of developing, reviewing and implementing written policies and procedures.
- A systemic thinker with the ability to handle confidential data sensitively.
- Ability to deliver high quality work at a fast pace with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Hours of Work – 18.5 hours per week
Due to the nature of this role, the offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check at the appropriate level.
For further details of the role and the person specification please click here to view the job description and read our guidance for applicants.
To apply for the position please complete the application form and return via post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 8th January 2017
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.