Goalkeeper called up for Under 19 friendlies.
- Kelland Absalom called up by Wales' Under 19s.
- Czech Republic double-header in March.
- Goalkeeper could be in line for debut at U19 level.
Wigan Athletic Youth Team goalkeeper, Kelland Absalom, has received his first call up to the Wales Under 19 squad, with his side set to face Czech Republic in a friendly double-header in March.
Absalom has previously represented his country eight times for the Under 17 side, and could now by in line for his U19 debut in the fixtures on Tuesday 8 March (3.00pm) and Thursday 10 March (11.00am), both taking place at Cardiff Metropolitan University.
So far this season, the young goalkeeper has made 23 appearances for Latics' Under 18s, keeping 15 clean sheets. He has also appeared once for the club's Development Squad.
- PROFILES: Find out more about Latics' Under 18s.
- FIXTURES: See the full Under 18 schedule.
NEWS: For the latest Academy activity.