Wigan Athletic Physiotherapy & Performance Department to host Workloads & Injury workshop by leading sport scientist Dr Tim Gabbett.
- Wigan Athletic’s DW Stadium to host Sports Science workshop on April 6 2016.
- Lecture delivered by leading sport scientist Dr Tim Gabbett.
- Tickets available via wiganathletic.com for £50.00 / £40 students.
With 20 years’ experience working as an applied sport scientist with top athletes and coaches from a wide range of sports, Dr Tim Gabbett has worked over several Olympic and Commonwealth cycles.
He continues to work as a sport scientist and coaching consultant for several elite teams around the world. Dr Gabbett will address his latest thinking on a range of topics, including training planning, recovery, injury-prevention and the links between workload and injury.
Dr Tim Gabbett has published over 150 peer reviewed articles and has presented at over 100 national and international conferences.
The specific areas covered during the day long workshop will include:
- The relationship between workload and injury.
- The development and accuracy of injury prediction models.
- A novel approach to modelling workloads.
- Return to train, play and compete plans.
- Protective effect of training.
To book on the conference please [Click here].
Tickets are available for £50.00 / £40.00 for students.