Wigan Athletic Community Trust recruiting part-time Volunteers Co-Ordinator.
THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Community Trust have a vacancy for a Pathway 2 Participation Volunteers co-ordinator, to organise and facilitate volunteering opportunities for young people engaged with the Community Trust and project partners through the Pathway 2 Participation project. The Volunteers Co-ordinator will also assist in identifying training opportunities for these volunteers alongside the Project Co-ordinator.
This is a part-time vacancy and will include 19 hours work per week, including evening and weekend working on volunteering project and 18.5 hours assisting on other Community Trust projects such as Kicks and School Sports.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities –
- Recruit and support 60 young people from the Pathway 2 Participation programme into structured volunteering with the Community Trust and project partners.
- Assist the Pathway 2 Participation Project Co-ordinator to organise training and development opportunities for volunteers.
- Work with external partners including Wigan Youth Zone and Inspiring Healthier Lifestyle to identify external volunteering opportunities for young people.
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the Pathway 2 Participation project including recording of volunteering hours completed and recording data on a weekly basis onto an online monitoring and evaluation system.
- Help the Community Cohesion Co-ordinator with the organisation of football and sports opportunities for 8- 12 year olds to provide a platform for the volunteers.
- To ensure all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments and health and safety procedures put in place.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies –
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable young people from a range of challenging back grounds in either a sports, arts or youth work setting.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well within a team.
- A good understanding of volunteering and issues around it.
- Full clean driving license.
- Level 2 Sports based or youth work qualification.
To apply for this position please send a CV and covering letter to Head of Community Tom Flower at email@example.com.
Closing date for application is 5pm, Friday February 26th 2016
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.