Details of application for Grounds Person at Wigan AthleticAPPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to appoint a Grounds Person on a fixed term basis until the end of the season. This is a full time post based at the Training Ground and will include evening and weekend work.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Preparing and maintaining sports and amenity surfaces for the Club.
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, maintaining equipment, watering the pitch, painting, litter picking and housekeeping.
- Identifying and reporting maintenance requirements or hazards within the workplace to support the operation of a safe working environment.
- Proven successful grounds experience ideally within a similar environment and working on sports turf.
- Qualified to Level 2 National/Scottish Vocational Qualifications in both Horticulture and Sports Turf Maintenance, or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
- Other recognised qualifications in one or more of the following: strimming, hedge cutting, ride-on mowing and tractor driving would be an advantage, as would a chainsaw certificate.
- Awareness of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be considered, to apply send your CV along with covering letter and salary details to Louise Kerrigan, HR Manager, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications close of business on 29th January 2016
Interviews will be held during week commencing 1st February 2016
Wigan Athletic Football Club is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.