A vacancy has arisen at Wigan Athletic.
- Vacancy: Sales and Sponsorship Manager.
- Application closing date 20 January 2016.
- Based at the DW Stadium.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Football Club is recruiting a Sales and Sponsorship Manager based at the DW Stadium reporting to the Head of Commercial. This is a full time, permanent post which will include evening and weekend work.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Selling commercial sponsorships, match day sponsorships and advertising packages to existing and new customers.
- Establishing and developing strategies to generate new business, grow commercial revenue and build effective commercial partnerships in line with targets set.
- Instigating and conducting telephone calls to generate new business and manage relationships with new and existing clients.
- Negotiating sales and managing the handover to the sales support staff.
- Assisting the team to sell a wide variety of hospitality packages on a seasonal and match by match basis and to work towards targets set to existing and new customers.
- Assisting in the smooth running of the match day operation including meeting customers and making the arrangements for a match day alongside the team.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and competencies:-
- Demonstrable new business development experience.
- A proven track record of converting new business to accounts managed.
- Successful experience of generating and developing client relationships.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering against sales and business development targets.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- IT literate with experience of accurately recording and analysing data.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop.
- A full driving licence.
Closing date Wednesday 20 January 2016.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27 January 2016.