A look back at the Community Trust’s School Sports programme.
This school year, Wigan Athletic Community Trust have continued to deliver the School Sports PE and After School programme in primary schools across Wigan.
Over the course of the year -
- 46 schools joined in with School Sports PE and After School sessions.
- 5375 young people took part in the sessions.
- Over 5000 hours of PE and After School Sport were delivered.
- 88% of pupils who joined in with the sessions improved their level of physical literacy.
- Training opportunities were provided for teaching staff.
- Termly football and dance competitions were organised for years 2 to 6.
School Sports PE lessons and After School Clubs are provided thanks to funding and support from the Premier League.
To find out more about the School Sports programme, please contact Gareth Nolan, School Sports Manager, on 01942 488 530 or by emailing email@example.com