Youth Development and Foundation phases coaching opportunities.
- Vacancies within the Academy at Wigan Athletic.
- Part time coaching roles - closing date Monday 18 July.
- Youth Development Phase and Foundation Phase.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a number of part time Academy Coaches to work across the Youth Development Phase with ages 12-16 and Foundation Phase with ages U9-11.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Delivering of age specific Youth Development/ Foundation Phase syllabus to players in their charge.
- Completing online and electronic reviewing and assessments of players and sessions.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Youth Development/ Foundation Phase Lead Coach.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent coaching.
- Attend CPD events and Academy meetings as required.
- UEFA B Licence (essential)
- Proven coaching experience within an elite framework.
- An ability to differentiate tasks based on ability and key stages of player/child development.
- An approachable manner towards young people and the ability to work effectively with players within the phases.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
- Hold a current FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) certificate
- FA Youth Award (mod 3).
Wigan Athletic is an Equal Opportunities Employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in our work place.
If these positions are of interest to you and you would like to be considered, please contact email@example.com to request an application form. For the full job description [click here].
Closing date for applications is midnight on 18th July 2016
Interview date - week commencing 18th July 2016