Wigan Athletic seeks a new official charity for the 2016-17 season after success of DIAS partnership.
- Club seeks a new charity to work with for the 2016-17 season.
- ‘We have benefitted so much this season’ - Jeanette Bailey, DIAS, 2015-16 Charity Partner.
- Wigan Youth Zone and Wigan Athletic Community Trust remain as the club’s official charity partners.
Wigan Athletic are looking to work with a new charity partner during the 2016-17 season following the success of the partnership with Wigan-based domestic abuse drop in centre DIAS.
DIAS worked alongside the club and its two official charities, Wigan Youth Zone and Wigan Athletic Community Trust, during the course of the 2015-16 season and Jeanette Bailey, DIAS Chief Officer, said: “When we applied last season we felt we wouldn’t stand a chance because our work is something which many people find difficult to talk about.
“But the club were so supportive from the outset and throughout the season and the exposure we received, as well as the money we raised, has made a big difference to us.
“I would advise any charities thinking of applying to do so because we were in their position 12 months ago and have benefitted enormously.”
Wigan Athletic would now like to offer one charity the chance to follow in the footsteps of DIAS.
Among the benefits the charity can expect to receive from Wigan Athletic are:
- Launch of partnership with manager and players at the training ground and match day presentation at a Wigan Athletic home game.
- Exclusive photo opportunities on request with Wigan Athletic players at the training ground.
- A designated home match for the charity to raise funds and the profile of its work, including the possibility of players warming up in branded t-shirts.
- Features in the match day programme and on the club’s website, with a permanent link from club website to the charity to promote its work.
- The chosen charity’s fundraising initiatives to be promoted by the club’s official social media outlets.
- Five signed items of club merchandise for fundraising purposes.
- Player appearance at promotional activities and events (subject to availability and relevance and at the prerogative of the club).
- Access to the DW Stadium on request for one fundraising event/activity (event to be organised by the charity and subject to room availability).
- Two bucket collections before a Wigan Athletic home game during the season (including one at the designated match).
- A share in the proceeds from the club’s allocation from FA Community Shield funding.
To apply to become the Charity of the season all you need to do is answer the following three simple questions from this document:
- What is the aim of your charity? (maximum of 150 words)
- What impact would the support of Wigan Athletic have on your charity and the Wigan community? (maximum of 300 words)
- What would you do throughout the 2016/2017 season with the support of Wigan Athletic to raise the profile and funds for your charity? (Maximum of 200 words).
All applications should be made by an authorised representative of the charity and include full contact details, including charity registration number and should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5pm on Friday July 1st 2016.
Please put as the subject of your e-mail: Charity of The Season Application
Preference will be given to charities that are designed to benefit the people of Wigan and its surrounding areas.
Throughout the season Wigan Athletic will continue to consider other specific smaller charitable requests made in writing to email@example.com on individual merit.