Three catering vacancies at Wigan Athletic.THIS VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit the following catering roles based at their Training Facilities at Euxton, Chorley and Standish Lower Ground, Wigan.
Breakfast Chef – Euxton, Chorley
- Prepare, cook and deliver food to a high quality and consistent standard in accordance with daily/weekly requirements and assist the Team Chef with the preparation for the lunch service.
- Maintain a clean kitchen environment, assisting the Kitchen Porter where required to do so.
- Receive delivery of goods into the building and store correctly adhering to required documentation relating to HACCP.
- Have previous experience of preparing, cooking and delivering quality fresh food to customers working as a Chef de Partie or Breakfast Chef.
- Be flexible and able to respond quickly to changing priorities and have strong communication and organisational skills.
- Have experience of using HACCP guidelines for stock management.
- Ideally hold a NVQ level 2 or 3 in catering and cooking along with a current first aid at work qualification.
Kitchen Porter – Euxton, Chorley
- Ensure that the day to day cleaning tasks are carried out to a high standard so that the kitchen and canteen areas are clean, tidy and hygienic at all times.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Prepare and serve food when required.
- Have previous experience of high quality cleaning in a similar environment.
- Demonstrate pride in your work and deliver to high standards at all times.
- Ideally hold a HACCP Training and/ or an NVQ in Cleaning.
- Ideally hold a current first aid at work qualification and food safety level 2.
Cook – Standish Lower Ground, Wigan
- Prepare, cook and serve food to a high quality and consistent standard in accordance with daily/ weekly customer requirements.
- Receive delivery of goods into the building and store correctly in line with HACCP.
- Responsible for the kitchen budget and accountable for the ordering of food and requirements for the kitchen using agreed suppliers.
- Effective line management of kitchen porter ensuring a high quality provision to the service users.
- Hold GCSE’s or equivalent in English and Maths and a basic food hygiene qualification as a minimum (achieved or renewed in the last three years)
- Have previous experience of preparing, cooking and delivering quality fresh food to customers.
- Have demonstrable experience of working as a Cook in a standalone role.
- Have experience of ordering and record keeping.
Due to the requirements of this role the successful applicant will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced DBS with barred list information (DBS).
If you would like to be considered please send your CV along with covering letter to the HR Manager, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or alternatively email to firstname.lastname@example.org