Vacancy in the Wigan Athletic medical team.APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
First Team Soft Tissue Therapist
Salary: circa £22,000 per annum
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a 1st Team Soft Tissue Therapist reporting to the Head of Medicine and Head of Physiotherapy.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
• Working with the Physiotherapy and Performance department to support the soft tissue needs of WAFC players.
• Supporting the senior physiotherapists with manual therapy/ rehabilitation skills and educating professional players with injury prevention, injury care and post-match recovery.
• Communicating effectively with all MDT members regarding player injury and training status to contribute to a holistic approach of player care.
• Attending all 1st Team fixtures ensuring all match day equipment is in place, the changing rooms are set up and providing pre/ post-match soft tissue work.
• Managing first aid equipment/ medical supplies and maintaining the physiotherapy and hydrotherapy facilities.
• Assisting with player screening and injury prevention strategies to reduce non-contact injuries.
• Maintaining relevant treatment notes for soft tissue work.
• Working collaboratively with all members of the physiotherapy and sport science department to promote best practice and contribute to department CPD sessions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
• Membership of relevant professional body such as BASRaT, Society of Sports Therapy, Sports Massage Association.
• Proven relevant clinical experience.
• Good scientific and practical knowledge of trigger point therapy, myofascial release, anatomy trains and other hands on treatments.
• Experience of working with athletes, preferably in professional football.
• Up to date first aid training.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
• Be willing to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, weekends and hotel overnight stays and be able to travel to home and away fixtures.
Due to the requirements of this role the successful applicant will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced DBS with barred list information (DBS).
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be considered, to apply send your CV along with covering letter and salary details to Louise Kerrigan, HR Manager, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 12 June 2016.
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th June 2016 and will include a demonstration of practical skills.