Learn more about Stephen Warnock's career so far.
- Stephen Warnock fact file.
- Defender joins Latics on loan from Derby County.
- Former clubs include Liverpool, Blackburn Rovers and Aston Villa.
1. Born 12 December 1981 in Ormskirk, Stephen Warnock began his career rising through the ranks at Liverpool.
2. Between 2002-2007, the defender made 68 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool, including during Liverpool's 2005 Champions League winning campaign, and their 2006 FA Cup winning season.
Warnock in Champions League action against Bayer Leverkusen.
3. Warnock made his professional debut away from Anfield whilst on loan at Bradford City, stepping out for the first time on 14 September 2002 in a 1-0 away win against Walsall as part of a defence which included former Latics player and current Development Squad coach Peter Atherton.
4. The defender spent the 2003/04 season on loan at Coventry City where he made 49 appearances, scoring three goals, including in a 2-1 defeat at the JJB Stadium with Jason Roberts netting a brace for Latics. Warnock went on to win Fans' Player of the Season for the Sky Blues.
Warnock in action for Coventry against Latics.
5. Warnock left Liverpool to join Blackburn Rovers in 2006/07 where he made 109 appearances and scored six goals, before leaving for Aston Villa in August 2009.
6. Warnock again received a personal accolade for his performances, winning the 2008/09 Player of the Season at Ewood Park.
7. He made 104 appearances in all competitions for Villa, scoring four goals between August 2009 and January 2013, including in the 2-1 League Cup final defeat against Manchester United in 2010.
Warnock in action against former Latics winger Antonio Valencia in the 2010 League Cup final.
8. Warnock joined Bolton Wanderers on loan for the first half of the 2012/13 season, before a permanent move to Leeds United in January 2013, a club he would go on to play 67 times for, often alongside current Latics' vice-captain, Jason Pearce.
9. He joined Derby in January 2015 and has so far played 30 times for the Rams, 22 of those appearances coming in the current campaign, in which he helped his side collect nine clean sheets.
Warnock with former Latics defender Leighton Baines in training for England.
10. Warnock has two international caps for England. He made his debut on 1 June 2008 against Trinidad & Tobago, and featured in England 23-man 2010 World Cup squad, but did not go on to feature in the competition.