Wigan Athletic Community Trust looking for Wigan Youth Zone Football Officer to join their team.
THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Wigan Athletic Community Trust have a vacancy for a Football Officer, to lead and deliver football activities within Wigan Youth Zone and to manage and maintain the partnership between Wigan Athletic Community Trust and Wigan Youth Zone.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities –
- Ensure there is a comprehensive football offer at Wigan Youth Zone, seven days a week, 52 weeks of the year including evening sessions, holiday courses, weekend festivals, external fixtures and tournaments.
- Organise and manage a comprehensive 5-a-side league programme including publicity, recruitment and retention of participants and teams.
- Organise promotional activities within Wigan secondary schools and other community settings to promote the football leagues.
- Develop and create Wigan Youth Zone FC in line with Wigan Youth Zone ‘Try, Train, Team’ ethos from Under 10’s to Under 18’s – including recruitment of volunteer coaches and liaison with local football partners.
- Manage and co-ordinate the usage of Wigan Youth Zone football pitches with external organisations.
- Liaise with the Wigan Youth Zone Sports Co-ordinator to organise fixtures and activities across the Youth Zone network.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are in place at all football related activity.
- Work with the Community Trust management team to ensure that Wigan Athletic Football Club is part of the everyday offer to young people who access the Youth Zone including arranging match day visits and player appearances.
- Publicise and promote appropriate football activities at Wigan Youth Zone and ensure all marketing materials produced for Community Trust activities fall within both Wigan Athletic and Wigan Youth Zone marketing guidelines.
- Ensure all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments and health and safety procedures put in place.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies –
- Experience in coaching football to young people of all abilities and experience.
- A proven track record of successfully managing community sports projects in line with budget requirements.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with partner organisations to support project delivery.
- Experience of supervising a team.
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent).
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well within a team.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work together with colleagues to deliver an outstanding provision to participants.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational and prioritising skills.
- Full driving license.
To apply, please send your completed application form to Wes Partington at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8th April 2016 at 5.00pm.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.