Employment opportunity in Rigalettos restaurant at the DW Stadium.
- Assistant Restaurant Manager vacancy at Rigalettos restaurant at the DW Stadium.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 9th December 2016.
- Download an application form by [clicking here].
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Manager. Working closely with the Restaurant Manager, your knowledge, experience and passion for high quality customer service will vastly contribute to this well-established Italian Restaurant.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager and managing the restaurant and staff in their absence.
- Coordinating the front of house restaurant operation during scheduled shifts.
- Cash handling, completing accounts and cashing up at the end of the shift and banking of money and managing change requirements for the floats.
- Assisting the Restaurant Manager in the management of staffing and resources to provide an efficient service.
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of staff and supervising them on shift.
- Organising and supervising the shifts of waiting and bar staff, producing a weekly rota according to the business needs.
- Meeting and greeting clients face to face and on the telephone, taking table reservations making sure that the diary is well managed.
- Dealing directly with clients, ensuring that all their individual requirements are met and dealing promptly and professionally with any customer complaints.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene and health and safety.
- Assisting with restocking the bar area in accordance with stock rotation guidelines.
- Adhering to the licensing objectives in accordance with Legislation.Carrying out quality control checks to ensure the service is operating at a high standard.
Hours of work
Required to work five days from seven on a rota basis in accordance with the needs of the business. Including lunchtimes, evenings and weekends, (split shifts required). Average of 40 hours per week.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
- Demonstrable successful experience of working in and managing a restaurant
- A proven track record of successfully managing a team, delivering a quality service to customers
- Ability to deliver relevant training to staff
- Ability to effectively manage resources against budget and business plans
- Previous experience of using EPOS systems
- Ablility to identify current market trends and ability to implement these trends into the business
- GCSEs or equivalent in English and Maths
- Basic hygiene qualification as a minimum
- Personal Licence Holder
- First Aid at Work
- Certificate for Fire Marshal
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Hospitality Management
- Health and Safety level 2
- Costings and GP Management
- Personal Licence Holder
The wage for role even is circa £16,000 per annum.
For further details of the role and the person specification please [click here].
To apply for the position please complete the application form and return via post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 9th December 2016
Due to the volume of applications, only those who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Wigan Football Company Ltd (DW Stadium) is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.