Wigan Athletic Football Club is recruiting.
- Employment opportunity at Wigan Athletic for an Academy U21 Physiotherapist.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 25 October 2016.
- Download an application form [here]. - Please ensure you download the form before filling it in.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Lead the provision of physiotherapy to Under 21 players and assist with all other squads within the Academy setup if required as cover.
- Assess, treat and rehabilitate all Under 21 players through all stages of rehabilitation.
- Work in collaboration with Academy sports science staff on end stage rehabilitation programs with injured players to complete specific strength, power and proprioception work as well as field based rehabilitation for return to play.
- Communicate effectively with all MDT members regarding squad availability, injury status and rehabilitation progress.
- Lead the provision of injury prevention screening and strategies with the Under 21 squad and assist with 1st Team screening when required.
- Accompany U21 players and other WAFC players including 1st Team to consultations and investigations.
- Attend all Under 21 fixtures and other Academy fixtures when required providing pitch side first aid cover.
- Attend 1st Team fixtures when required to support match day physiotherapy cover.
- Take part in the 1st Team off duty rota for the delivery of treatment and rehabilitation.
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Physiotherapy.
- HCPC and CSP registered.
- Proven successful clinical experience and experience of working effectively with young and senior athletes.Excellent anatomy and physiological knowledge.
- Excellent clinical assessment skills.
- Good understanding of stages of rehabilitation and exercise progression and how to apply them.
- Strong team working skills.
- Flexible to meet the requirements of the needs of the business.
Due to the requirements of this role the successful applicant will undergo a screening process that will include an Enhanced DBS with barred list information (DBS).
To apply for the position please complete the application form available to download by [clicking here] and return via post to HR, Wigan Athletic, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 0UZ or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you download the application form to your device before filling it in.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 25th October 2016.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.