Opportunities at the Wigan Athletic Academy.
- Part time Academy coaching roles at Wigan Athletic.
- Youth Development Phase and Foundation Phase
- Closes at 5.00pm on Monday 26 September.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a number of part time Academy Coaches to work across the Youth Development Phase with ages 12-16 and Foundation Phase with ages U9-11.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:
- Delivering of age specific Youth Development/ Foundation Phase syllabus to players in their charge.
- Completing online and electronic reviewing and assessments of players and sessions.
- Communicating effectively with all team members and reporting back to the Youth Development/ Foundation Phase Lead Coach.
- Working effectively within a multidisciplinary team to deliver excellent coaching.
- Attend CPD events and Academy meetings as required.
- UEFA B Licence (essential).
- Proven coaching experience within an elite framework.
- An ability to differentiate tasks based on ability and key stages of player/child development.
- An approachable manner towards young people and the ability to work effectively with players within the phases.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Willing to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings and weekends.
- Hold a current FA Basic First Aid for Sport (BFAS) certificate
- FA Youth Award (mod 3).
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
If these positions are of interest to you and you would like to be considered, please contact email@example.com to request an application form or download an application form by [clicking here].
Download the full job description by [clicking here].
Closing date for applications is 5.00pm 26 September 2016