Join the Wigan Athletic academy as a physiotherapist.
- Wigan Athletic Football Club recruiting an academy physiotherapist.
- To work with under-18 team and also on day release programme with U14-U16 players.
- Closing date: Monday 12th September 2016.
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to recruit a part time Academy Physiotherapist reporting to the Lead Academy Physiotherapist.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Assisting with the provision of physiotherapy to U18 players and leading the day release programme for U14-U16 players.
- Assessing, treating and rehabilitating players through all stages of rehabilitation.
- Completing specific strength, power and proprioception work as well as field based rehabilitation for return to play.
- Following the appropriate treatment programme for players and provide records of those treatments via an online records system (PMA).
- Communicating effectively with all member of the team (Coaches, Strength & Conditioners etc.) regarding squad availability, injury status and rehabilitation progress.
- Assisting with the provision of injury prevention screening and strategies.
- Accompanying U18 players and other WAFC players (when required) to consultations and investigations.
- Working in collaboration with all members of the medical and sport science department across the Academy and first team to promote best practice and contribute to department CPD sessions.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
- Hold a BSc degree in Physiotherapy.
- Health and Care Professions council (HCPC) registered.
- Be a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (MCSP).
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with other department members and coaching staff.
- Be able to use the PMA electronic system for medical documentation.
- Have previous successful experience working with young athletes, preferably in professional football.
For further details of the role and the person specification please view the job description by [clicking here]. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Salary - £22,000 pro rata per annum
To apply for this position please download the application form here and return via post or e-mail to:
Wigan Athletic Football Club
Closing date: Monday 12th September 2016
Wigan Athletic Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.