An opportunity at Wigan Athletic.
- Apprentice Grounds Person opportunity at Wigan Athletic.
- Working at the Wigan Athletic Training Centre in Euxton.
- Closing date Monday 10 October at 5.00pm.
Salary – NMW for apprentices
Wigan Athletic Football Club is looking to appoint an Apprentice Grounds Person. At the Euxton training facility. This is a full time post with hours primarily be 8am – 4pm five days per week and will weekend work and some evenings when the needs of the business dictate.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Helping to maintain the playing surface to an excellent standard, to ensure that the games can go ahead on schedule.
- Helping to maintain the training pitches to an excellent standard, ensuring that the surface is usable and prepared for training sessions.
- Loading, transporting and storing equipment and materials.
- Ensuring all machinery is prepared for safe use, and cleaned and stored after use.
- Assist with mowing, line marking, renovation and setting out equipment.
- Level 1 in Functional Skills (Maths and English).
- Willing and capable of carrying out medium to heavy manual work tasks in all weather conditions. This may include walking behind mowing machines for long periods.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Punctuality and excellent attendance.
- Willingness to learn and continuously develop.
If these positions are of interest to you and you would like to be considered, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form or download a form by [clicking here].
Download a copy of the full job description by [clicking here].
Closing date Monday 10 October 2016 at 5.00pm
Interview to take place week commencing Monday 17 October 2016