Employment opportunity at the Community Trust.
- Job vacancy at Wigan Athletic Community Trust.
- Inclusion Officer role to support delivery of Premier League Kicks project.
- Closing date for applications Thursday 6 October.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is looking to appoint an Inclusion Officer to support the delivery of its Premier League Kicks Project.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:-
- Assisting in the delivery of the Premier League Kicks Project, delivering female only activities and improving young people’s awareness and knowledge of health issues through the 12th Man project.
- Liaising with local partners to ensure Kicks is a prominent provision for young people across the borough maintaining positive relationships.
- Managing a budget of £60,000 linked to the Premier League Kicks project.
- Monitoring, evaluating and compiling evidence on the progress of the Premier League Kicks project and reporting back to key funders as required.
- Supporting the Trust’s delivery of other school based activities including covering PE and Sport sessions in primary schools if required.
- Working with senior managers and Community Cohesion Co-ordinator to identify potential funding and project opportunities within the area of community cohesion and health.
- Representing Wigan Athletic Community Trust at stakeholder and community meetings across Wigan and on occasion at a regional and national level.
- Ensuring all activities are correctly monitored with the appropriate risk assessments and health and safety procedures put in place.
- Be a flexible member of the Wigan Athletic Community Trust team and when requested assist in the delivery of other projects and activities including evenings and weekend.
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in a sports or community related subjected.
- Experience in Youth Work and working with hard to reach young people.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport.
- Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload effectively.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
The salary for this role is £18,000 to £22,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
All positions with Wigan Athletic Community Trust are offered only on successful completion of an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for the position please complete the application by [clicking here] and return via post to Human Resources, Wigan Athletic Football Club, DW Stadium, Loire Drive, Wigan, WN5 OUZ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications Thursday 6th October 2016