Join the Wigan Athletic Community Trust team as an Education Officer.
- Wigan Athletic Community Trust recruiting Education Officer.
- To assist in education programmes for secondary school students.
- Closing date Tuesday 13th September 2016.
The role will include assisting in the delivery of business and enterprise lessons to students aged between 13 and 16 years old as part of a Premier League funded scheme, as well as supporting the Trust’s other educational programmes for secondary school students.
The position will encompass the following roles and responsibilities:–
- Assisting in the running of business and enterprise lessons for 13 – 16 year olds. Liaising with secondary school staff to recruit schools to take part in the Latics Enterprise Academy project and maintaining positive relationships with key school staff. Ensuring all lessons, including the planning, preparation and assessment of, are delivered to the standard required by funding partners and external verifiers.
- Monitoring, evaluating and compiling evidence on the progress of the Latics Enterprise Academy project and reporting back to key funders and schools as required.
- Supporting the Trust’s Enterprise co-ordinator in completing monitoring returns to funders and partners.
- Supporting the Trust’s delivery of other school based activities including covering PE and Sport sessions in primary schools if required.
- Working with the Head of Community to identify potential funding and project opportunities within the area of 14 – 16 and post 16 education.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and competencies:-
- Educated to degree standard (or equivalent) in a sport or business related subjected.
- PGCE (or equivalent) or working towards.
- Proven ability to motivate teach and coach hard to engage/ challenging young people.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- 1st 4sport Level 2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport.
- Level 1 Coaching Award in one or more sports other than football.
- Ability to plan and organise own workload effectively.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills.
For further details of the role and the person specification please click here to view the job description.
The salary for this role is £18,000 to £23,000 per annum depending upon experience.
To apply for the position please complete the application form and return via post or e-mail to:
Wigan Athletic Football Club
Closing date for application is 5pm Tuesday September 13th 2016
Wigan Athletic Community Trust is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender re-assignment, marital status, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
All positions with Wigan Athletic Community Trust are offered only on successful completion of an enhanced DBS check.