Latics to find out their Second Round opponents in the Carabao Cup following Thursday night's draw.
- Carabao Cup Second Round draw to take place on Thursday 10th August.
- Draw live on Sky Sports News after Bury v Sunderland match finishes.
- 13 Premier League sides enter the competition.
Wigan Athletic will find out their Second Round opponents in the Carabao Cup on Thursday 10 August, following the conclusion of the tie between Bury and Sunderland, live on Sky Sports.
Latics beat Blackpool to progress to the Second Round, where the 13 Premier League clubs not in UEFA competition enter.
In the event that West Ham United are drawn at home in Round Two, they will be given special dispensation by the EFL Board to play the fixture at the opposition’s venue due to a previously agreed arrangement that London Stadium was to stage the 2017 IAAF World Championships in August.
The draw will take place live on Sky Sports News at roughly 9:45pm, should the match between Bury and Sunderland not go to extra-time or penalties.
Latics will be ball number 26 for the draw and will be a non-seeded team, meaning our list of potential opponents is:
1. Aston Villa
3. Derby County / Grimsby Town
4. Huddersfield Town
5. Hull City
6. Leeds United
7. Leicester City
9. Newcastle United
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Stoke City
12. West Bromwich Albion
13. Sunderland / Barnsley *
Latics' Second Round match will take place in the week commencing Monday 21 August.
* In the event Sunderland overcome Bury this evening at the Energy Check Stadium at Gigg Lane, Barnsley will drop into the unseeded pot. If there is a home win then the Oakwell Club will be seeded at ball number 13 in the Northern draw and Bury will be ball 14.
In addition, the winners of the outstanding fixture between Grimsby Town and Derby County (rearranged to be played on August 22) will be ball 3 in the North seeded pot. This is because Derby County would have been a seeded team if they had won Tuesday’s night’s abandoned game based on last season’s final league position.
Meanwhile, the EFL have today confirmed that the Round Three draw, in conjunction with cup sponsors Carabao, will take place in Beijing, China on August 24, 2017. Full details to be announced in due course.