Report contains new Outcomes Framework for the next three years.
- Report highlights the outstanding work carried out by the charity over the last year.
- Community Trust's new vision and objectives for the next three years are also included.
- "It is with great pride we look back on another year of outstanding results" - Philip Williams.
Wigan Athletic Community Trust are today pleased to release their 2017 Impact Report, highlighting the outstanding work carried out by the charity over the last year. The report also reveals the Community Trust’s new vision and objectives for the next three years.
Working with Wigan Athletic, the Community Trust will aim to improve health, enhance life chances and create stronger communities by:
- Increasing participation in sport across all levels of society - particularly those from under-represented groups.
- Encouraging young people and families to lead healthier and more active lifestyles.
- Improving the skills, aspirations and achievements of young people.
- Contributing towards increased community cohesion and improving the quality of life of young people, families and communities.
Chairman of Trustees, Philip Williams, said: “It is with great pride that we look back on another year of outstanding results achieved by the Community Trust.
“The fact that we’re able to help so many young people and families each year is a testimony to the hard work and commitment of all of our staff who do such fantastic jobs across the whole borough.
“I would like to take this opportunity to both thank and congratulate Head of Community Tom Flower and all of his team for their continued success, while also introducing our new aims and objectives for the next three years which will only enhance the work and reputation of the charity.”
Thanks to the support of the Big Lottery Fund, the Community Trust were able to work with Wigan based researchers Progress Health Partnerships to develop its new Outcomes Framework, and through this process participants, staff, trustees and partners including the Premier League, the PFA, the EFL Trust and Wigan Council were consulted about their views of the work of the Trust and what our shared priorities and outcomes should be over the next three years.
To read the Impact Report, please click here.
For more information about the work of Wigan Athletic Community Trust, please call 01942 318090 or email email@example.com.