Wigan Athletic Charity of the Season applications now being taken
- Charity of The Season opportunity open for 2017-18.
- Past partners have been DIAS and Latics2Amsterdam.
- Wigan Youth Zone and Wigan Athletic Community Trust remain as official charities.
- Applications to be made by 28 July 2017.
Wigan Athletic are seeking a new charity partner for the 2017-18 season.
Prostate cancer awareness campaign Latics2Amsterdam were our official charity for 2016-17, with 25 Latics supporters raising a staggering £46,000 and counting with their cycle ride to Amsterdam earlier this month.
Wigan-based domestic abuse charity DIAS were our charity of the season in 2015-16, immensely raising the profile of a cause offering crucial support to vulnerable local people.
Preference will be given to charities designed to directly impact positively on the community of Wigan and its surrounding areas and Jonathan Jackson, Wigan Athletic Chief Executive, said: “We want to help local organisations carry out such fantastic work in the community and we are looking forward to finding a new initiative to work with next season.”
Among the benefits the official seasonal charity can expect to receive from Wigan Athletic are:
- Launch of partnership with manager and players at the training ground and match day presentation at a Wigan Athletic home game
- Exclusive photo opportunities on request with Wigan Athletic players at the training ground.
- A designated home match for the charity to raise funds and the profile of its work.
- Features in the match-day programme and on the club’s website, with a permanent link from club website to the charity to promote its work.
- The chosen charity’s fundraising initiatives to be promoted by the club’s official social media outlets.
- Signed club merchandise for fundraising purposes.
- Player appearance at promotional activities and events (subject to availability and club’s convenience).
- Access to the DW Stadium conference for one fundraising event/activity (event to be organised by the charity and subject to room availability).
- Two bucket collections before a Wigan Athletic home game during the season.
- A share in the proceeds from the Club’s allocation from FA Community Shield funding.
To apply to become the 2017 Wigan Athletic Charity of The Season, download an APPLICATION FORM HERE and return it to us by Friday 28 July 2017.