Find out more about our first summer signing, defender Chey Dunkley.
- Find out more about Wigan Athletic defender Chey Dunkley.
- Dunkley becomes first Latics signing of the 2017-18 season, joining on June 30.
- 25-year-old signs a three-year deal with Latics.
We take a closer look at the career of defender Chey Dunkley, who agreed to sign for Latics on Monday after his contract at Oxford United expires on June 30.
- Born in Wolverhampton, 13 February 1992.
- A product of Crewe Alexandra’s academy, aged 14.
- Didn’t make an appearance for the Alex’s first team, instead joining Evo Stik Southern Premier League side Hednesford Town on loan.
- Made move to Hednesford permanent in the summer of 2010.
- Helped Hednesford to finish 2nd in the Southern Premier League before losing out in the play-offs.
- Transferred to the Northern Premier League with Hednesford in 2011 and again finished in the play-offs before losing to Bradford Park Avenue in the semi-finals.
- Signed for Kidderminster Harriers of the Conference National in 2012 for a tribunal-set fee of £5,000 plus add-ons.
- Finished 2nd with Kidderminster before losing to Wrexham in play-off semi-finals.
- Left Kidderminster midway through the 2014-15 season, joining Oxford United on loan before move was made permanent in January 2015.
- Won promotion from League Two to League One in first full season at the Kassam Stadium.
- Also reached the 2015-16 Johnstone’s Paint Trophy final, playing 90 minutes as Barnsley won 3-2 at Wembley.
- Played 52 times in all competitions in 2016-17 season as Oxford challenged for a League One play-off place.
- Featured again at Wembley in the 2016-17 Checkatrade Trophy final, losing out to Coventry City.